What are the most surreal places to visit?2023
India is a country rich in culture and history, and it is also home to many surreal and otherworldly destinations that are worth visiting. From floating islands to ghost towns, India has a wealth of unique and stunning destinations that offer a truly surreal experience. Here are some of the most surreal places to visit in India:
- Floating Islands of Loktak Lake, Manipur – This breathtaking lake is home to phumdis, which are floating islands made of organic matter, soil, and plants. The phumdis form a floating ecosystem that is home to various species of birds and animals. Visitors can take a boat ride on the lake to see the phumdis up close and marvel at the unique beauty of the floating islands.
- The Great Rann of Kutch, Gujarat – This vast salt desert is one of the largest salt deserts in the world and is a unique and surreal landscape. During the monsoon season, the desert is covered with a shallow layer of water, creating an otherworldly landscape that is a photographer’s dream.
- The Ghost Town of Bhangarwadi, Maharashtra – This abandoned village is situated in the Western Ghats and is a surreal place to visit. The town was once a bustling settlement but was abandoned after a dam was built, resulting in the submergence of the town. Today, only the ruins of the town remain, making it a eerie and surreal destination.
- The Abandoned City of Fatehpur Sikri, Uttar Pradesh – This ghost city was once the capital of the Mughal Empire but was abandoned due to a shortage of water. Today, the city stands as a surreal reminder of India’s rich history and cultural heritage.
- The Monastery of Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh – This Buddhist monastery is situated in the beautiful hills of Arunachal Pradesh and is one of the largest monasteries in India. The surreal beauty of the monastery, combined with its spiritual significance, makes it a must-visit destination for anyone visiting India.
In conclusion, India is a country rich in surreal destinations, from floating islands to ghost towns. These destinations offer a unique and otherworldly experience that is truly surreal and should not be missed by anyone visiting India.