What are some of the strangest facts about famous movies?
The world of cinema is filled with countless amazing and incredible stories, but it also has its fair share of strange and unusual facts. From behind-the-scenes antics to unusual casting choices, here are some of the most unusual and obscure facts about some of the most famous movies of all time.
- The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
- The iconic suit worn by Jodie Foster as Clarice Starling was actually a men’s suit that was altered to fit her.
- The cocoon scene, where Buffalo Bill skins his victims, was filmed using a real lamb skin.
- The infamous flying monkeys were not computer-generated and were actually played by little people wearing monkey costumes.
- The Ruby Slippers, worn by Judy Garland as Dorothy, were actually made from sequins and not rubies.
- The Matrix (1999)
- The “bullet time” effect, where the camera appears to freeze time while the characters continue to move, was created using a special rig of over a hundred cameras.
- Keanu Reeves reportedly performed most of his own stunts, including the iconic “bullet dodge” scene.
- The sound of the TIE Fighters was created by combining the sound of an elephant’s scream with the sound of a car driving on a wet road.
- The costume for Chewbacca was made using real yak hair.
- Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
- Harrison Ford was suffering from dysentery while filming the scene where he was chased by the giant boulder, making the sequence even more intense.
- The scene where Indy shoots a sword-wielding assassin was performed in a single take, with Ford using his pistol to shoot the gun out of the assassin’s hand.
- Psycho (1960)
- The famous shower scene was filmed using chocolate syrup as fake blood, as the red dye used in fake blood at the time did not show up well on camera.
- The famous musical score was composed by Bernard Herrmann and is considered one of the greatest movie scores of all time.
These are just a few of the strange and obscure facts about some of the most famous movies of all time. From the unusual to the bizarre, these movies have captured the imagination of audiences for generations and will continue to do so for many years to come.